My native name is Phạm Thành Sơn.
I have background in Applied Mathematics and computational skills (as a software developer). In ICTP Trieste, I did an intensive coursework program in Geophysics and decided to pursue a career in Global Seismology.
Now, I am a student working under the supervison of As/Prof Hrvoje Tkalčić. My PhD subject involves autocorrelation and crosscorrelation techniques to analyze seismic waveforms for crustal imaging and studying deep the Earth structures.
- Autocorrelation technique in crustal imaging
- Planetary-scale crosscorrelation
- Full waveform simulation
- Computational seismology
Peer reviewed papers
- Pham T.-S. and H. Tkalcic, On the feasibility and use of teleseismic P-wave coda autocorrelation for mapping shallow seismic discontinuities, J. Geophys. Res., 122, doi:10.1002/2017JB013975, 2017.
- Pham, T.-S., H. Tkalcic, M. Sambridge and B.L.N. Kennett, Earth's correlation wavefield: late coda correlation, accepted for publication, 19/3/2018, Geophys. Res. Lett., 2018.
- Pham T.-S., H. Tkalcic and M. Sambridge (2017). S33D-07: Interferometric Seismic Sources on the Core Mantle Boundary Revealed by Seismic Coda Crosscorrelation, AGU Fall Meeting, Dec 11-15, New Orleans, USA.
- Tkalcic H., Pham T.-S. and M. Sambridge (2017). S43G-05: Earth’s Multiple Reverberations From Global Seismic Interferometry Provide new Constraints on the Earth’s Internal Structure, AGU Fall Meeting, Dec 11-15, New Orleans, USA.
- Pham T.-S., H. Tkalcic, (2017). On the feasibility and use of teleseismic P-wave coda autocorrelation for mapping shallow seismic discontinuities, IAG-IASPEI Meeting, Jul 30 - Aug 4, Kobe, Japan.
- Pham T.-S., H. Tkalcic and M. Sambridge (2017). Toward probing the deep Earth's interior using spiral-arm arrays and principles of seismic interferometry, IAG-IASPEI Meeting, Jul 30 - Aug 4, Kobe, Japan.
- Tauzin B., T.-S. Pham, H. Tkalcic, (2017). Illuminating the Cascadia forearc and Mendocino Triple Junction system from seismic interferometry, IAG-IASPEI Meeting, Jul 30 - Aug 4, Kobe, Japan.
- Pham T.-S., H. Tkalcic, B.L.N. Kennett and M. Sambridge (2016). Teleseismic interferometry in studying shallow subsurface structures: Detection of interfaces beneath Antarctic stations, The 11th Asian Seismological Commission General Assembly, Nov 25-27, Melbourne, Australia.