- Ph.D. in Geophysics, National Oceanography Centre, University of Southampton, Southampton, U.K.
- Post-graduate study in Geophysics, Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People’s Republic of China
- B.Sc. in Geology, Jilin University, Changchun, People’s Republic of China
- Develop a new efficient method for acquiring and analyzing FORC plot
- Develop an Auto Sample Changer for 2G magnetometer system
- Zhao, X., Heslop, D. and Roberts, A. P. (2015), A protocol for variable-resolution first-order reversal curve (FORC) measurements. Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst.. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1002/2014GC005680
- A. P. Roberts, D. Heslop and X. Zhao (2014). Understanding fine magnetic particle systems through use of first-order reversal curve (FORC) diagrams. Reviews of Geophysics, 52, doi:10.1002/2014RG000462.
- Zhao X., and A. P. Roberts (2010), How does Chinese loess become magnetized?, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 292, 112-122.
- Zhu R. X., R. Potts, Y. X. Pan, H.T. Yao, L. Q. Lü, X. Zhao, X. Gao, L. W. Chen, F. Gao, and C. L. Deng (2008), Early evidence of the genus Homo in East Asia, J. Human Evolution, 55, 1075-1085.
- Roberts, A. P., F. Florindo, J. C. Larrasoaña, M. A. O'Regan, and X. Zhao (2010), Complex polarity pattern at the former Plio–Pleistocene global stratotype section at Vrica (Italy): Remagnetization by magnetic iron sulphides. Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 292, 98-111.
- Bailey, I., Q. S. Liu, G. E. A. Swann, Z. X. Jiang, Y. B. Sun, X. Zhao, and A. P. Roberts (2011) Iron fertilisation and biogeochemical cycles in the sub-Arctic northwest Pacific during the late Pliocene intensification of northern hemisphere glaciation. Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 307, 253-265.