- Noble gas geochemistry
- Automation of noble gas extraction lines and Helix MC mass spectrometer using the Qtegra platform
- Development of ultrahigh vacuum systems for noble gas analyses and geochronology
- Application of synchrotron radiation in physical sciences
- Implementation of policies and procedures in radiation safety
- Performance of the high resolution, multi-collector Helix MC Plus noble gas mass spectrometer at the Australian National University, Xiaodong Zhang, Masahiko Honda, Doug Hamilton, Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 27(12), 1937-1943, 2016.
- Redetermination of the 21Ne relative abundance of the atmosphere, using a high resolution, multi-collector noble gas mass spectrometer (HELIX-MC Plus), Masahiko Honda, Xiaodong Zhang, David Phillips, Doug Hamilton, Michael Deerberg, Johannes B. Schwieters, International Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 387 (2015) 1-7.
- Performance of the Helix-MC multi-collector mass spectrometer - resolution of argon isobaric interferences, M. Honda, X. Zhang, D. Phillips, E. Matchan, S. Szczepanski, M. Deerberg, D. Hamilton, M. Krummen and J.B. Schwieters, 1027, GoldSchmidt Conference, Sacramento, California, 8-13 June 2014.
- A preliminary report on noble gas isotope analyses using the Helix-MC multi-collector mass spectrometer, Honda M, Zhang X, Phillips D, Szczepanski S, Deerberg, M, Hamilton D, Schwieters J. B, V53B-2777, Fall Meeting, American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, California, 9-13 December 2013.
- Scripting in Qtegra for automation with the new generation noble gas mass spectrometers, Xiaodong Zhang and Masahiko Honda, The Andy Gleadow Retirement Symposium, Melbourne, 25-26 October 2013.
- Software development using the Qtegra platform, Xiaodong Zhang and Masahiko Honda, The Workshop of Thermochronology and Noble Gas Geochemistry and Geochronology Organisation, Canberra, 20-21 November 2012.
- Technical development in noble gas analysis at Australian National University, Xiaodong Zhang and Masahiko Honda, The Workshop of Thermochronology and Noble Gas Geochemistry and Geochronology Organisation, Perth, 11 November 2009.
- Automation of noble gas extraction lines with remote access, X D Zhang, I Yatsevitch and M Honda, The Workshop of Thermochronology and Noble Gas Geochemistry Organisation, Canberra, Australia, 2007.
- Propagation of light signal in the Boson-matter medium, F Ou, X. D. Zhang, The Workshop on Quantum Coherence and Information Processing, University of Adelaide, Waite Camps, Australia, 8 - 9 December, 1997.
- Unoccupied bulk and surface bands in the ΓKX-ΓKX plane of GaAs as observed by inverse photoemission spectroscopy, W. Sheils, X. D. Zhang, R. C. G. Leckey, and J. D. Riley, Physical Review B 54, 13705, 1996.
- Electronic Properties of Semiconductor Surfaces and Fermi Surface Studies Using Photoelectron Spectroscopy, J. D. Riley, R. Leckey, Y. Cai, X. Zhang, J. Con Foo, Surface Science, Springer, 76-88, 1996.
- X-ray photoelectron diffraction of CH3O adsorption on Cu(100), X D Zhang, R. A. Brown, G. L. Nyberg and J. Liesegang, The 19th Annual Condensed Matter Physics Conference of Australian and New Zealand Institutes of Physics, Wagga Wagga, NSW, Australia, February 1995.
- Mapping the conduction-band structure of GaAs along the G-D-X direction, Zhang X D, Riley J D, Leckey R C G, Ley L, Solid State Communications, 2, 89, 109-112, 1994.
- Conduction-band structure of GaAs as determined by angle-resolved photoemission, X. D. Zhang, J. D. Riley, R. C. G. Leckey, and L. Ley, Physical Review B 48, 17077, 1993.
- Polarization-dependent angle-resolved photoemission study of a surface state on GaSb(110), X. D. Zhang, R. C. G. Leckey, J. D. Riley, J. Faul, and L. Ley, Physical Review B 48, 5300, 1993.
- Angle‐resolved photoemission and band structure of the alloy Al0.5Ga0.5As compared to that of the superlattice [(AlAs)2/(GaAs)2]10, X. D. Zhang, J. D. Riley, R. C. G. Leckey, G. Kemister, R. Denecke, J. Faul and L. Ley, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A 11, 341 (1993)
- Effect of strain on the band structure of InxGa1-xAs, A. Stampfl, X. D. Zhang, G. Kemister, R. C. G. Leckey, J. D. Riley, B. Usher, P. Orders, R. Denecke, J. Faul, L. Ley, Physical Review B 45, 4181 (1992)
- Similarity of nonlinear RLC circuit to the intrinsic optical bistable system, Cuihong Liu, Tingwan Wu, Xiaodong Zhang, Fa Ou, Journal of Applied Sciences, 9(2), 95, (1991)
- Nonlinear susceptibility and optical bistability of narrow gap semiconductors, Fa Ou, Xiaodong Zhang, Tingwan Wu, Acta Optica Sinica, 9 (6), 507 (1989)
- Forced oscillation model of optical bistability, Ou Fa, Wu Tingwan, Zhang Xiaodong, Acta Optica Sinica, 8 (5), 205 (1988)
- Nonlinear susceptibility and optical bistability of narrow gap semiconductors, Proceedings of the 1987 International Topic Meeting on ‘Optical Bistability, Instability and Optical Computing’, ed. By H Y Zhang, K K Lee, World Scientific Publishing, 163 (1988)
- The dissipation in mixed optical bistable systems, F. Ou, Y. Q. Cai, T. W. Wu, X. D. Zhang, Optics Communications, 65(3), 221 (1988)