I worked on rare earth element properties of allanite and epidote of ophiolitic plagiogranites in the Troodos ophiolite (Cyprus) for my M.Sc project at BGU in Israel. Afterwards I had a 1 year long industry experience, after which I decided to return to academia to pursue a Ph.D degree.
I am currently working on various magmatic-hydrothermal processes that lead to the formation of ore deposits of rare metals, including the REE (La-Lu), Y, PGE (platinum group elements), etc. I am particularly interested in the behaviour of these metals in carbonatites and related systems.
Find me on Twitter: @manenbu
- Rare earth elements in magmatic-hydrothermal systems
- Anenburg, M., and Mavrogenes, J. A., 2016, Experimental observations on noble metal nanonuggets and Fe-Ti oxides, and the transport of platinum group elements in silicate melts: Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 192, p. 258–278. 10.1016/j.gca.2016.08.010
- Schauss, A. G., White, J. C., and Anenburg, M., 2016, Letters: Rocks & Minerals, v. 91, p. 11–13. 10.1080/00357529.2016.1099127
- Anenburg, M., Katzir, Y., Rhede, D., Jöns, N., and Bach, W., 2015, Rare earth element evolution and migration in plagiogranites: a record preserved in epidote and allanite of the Troodos ophiolite: Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology, v. 169, p. 25. 10.1007/s00410-015-1114-y
- Anenburg, M., Bialik, O. M., Vapnik, Y., Chapman, H. J., Antler, G., Katzir, Y., and Bickle, M. J., 2014, The origin of celestine–quartz–calcite geodes associated with a basaltic dyke, Makhtesh Ramon, Israel: Geological Magazine, v. 151, p. 798–815. 10.1017/S0016756813000800
- Anenburg, M., and Katzir, Y., 2014, Muscovite dehydration melting in Si-rich metapelites: microstructural evidence from trondhjemitic migmatites, Roded, Southern Israel: Mineralogy and Petrology, v. 108, p. 137–152. 10.1007/s00710-013-0289-z
- Martin, M. A. S., Eliyahu-Behar, A., Anenburg, M., Goren, Y., and Finkelstein, I., 2013, Iron IIA slag-tempered pottery in the Negev Highlands, Israel: Journal of Archaeological Science, v. 40, p. 3777–3792. 10.1016/j.jas.2013.04.024